Friday, August 27, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday

15.) Christopher Martinez and those who serve in the Armed Forces
Yes, he looks like quite the goof-ball, and he is, but he is so much more. Yesterday, Chris was promoted to Aircraft Commander in the United States Air Force. I have so much respect for this man who has given so much of his time and effort to guarantee our freedom. I have seen first-hand how challenging it can be to give up months at a time with his wife, and to be stationed overseas during football season. So this week, I am giving special thanks to all the men, women, and their families- who serve without question so that I may be free. This mans entire career is a gift to us, and a day doesn't go by where I don't give thanks for the gift the Martinez family gives. You guys deserve those military discounts everywhere! You've earned them!

16.) Vacations with Layne
By this time next week, Layne will be on our way to the Excellence Playa Mujeres, which is about 20-30 minutes north of Cancun. We're going for a wedding over the Labor Day weekend, and have extended our vacation so that we're in Mexico from Friday-Wednesday. We'll have time for wedding events, and time to relax by ourselves. This may be our last trip out of the country for awhile, so we're both looking forward to living it up.

17.) Summer
My summer break didn't last for long, but I sure was thankful for my two week break. It was nice not to have to worry about reading assignments, homework, and project deadlines. I think we made good progress on some special projects, and the loft has become a lot more organized. All in all, it was a success.

18.) Summer Semester Grades
I believe in giving thanks for my grades, and giving thanks for the ability to focus and concentrate. Mind over matter can be a constant battle around here, so I give thanks for a God who is good, who is loving, and who is always by my side. Knowing those things alone gives me strength. I finished the semester with a 3.5 GPA, and finished three pre-reqs for the MBA program (Business Law, Marketing, and Financial and Managerial Accounting). The new semester just started, and I'm taking an MBA level Marketing class along with my Econ pre-req. I think it's going to be a good one.

No comments: